Mississippi Public Broadcasting (MPB), based in Jackson, Mississippi, has an exciting community outreach project called Southern Remedy. The local program is Mississippi Public Broadcasting’s flagship wellness show dedicated to keeping Mississippians healthy. It started as a weekly radio program featuring a doctor from the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Over the years, the program has expanded to include regular television specials and community engagement activities.
The show's host, Dr. Rick deShazo, is joined by Dr. Josie Bidwell, Dr. Susan Buttross, Dr. Jimmy Stewart and Dr. Michelle Owens, who deliver health information, opinions and medical advice five days a week from 11 a.m. to noon on MPB Think Radio.
A special Southern Remedy television program, "Growing up Well," allows families to share their stories about the challenges they face that prevent children from growing up well. Check out the full episode below.
Weekday line up 11 a.m. – noon, Monday thru Friday on MPB Think Radio.
- Mondays - Healthy and Fit with Josie Bidwell, DNP, RN, FNP-C
- Tuesday - Behavioral Health with Susan Buttross, M.D.
- Wednesdays - General Health Questions with Rick deShazo, M.D.
- Thursday - Kids and Teens with Jimmy Stewart, M.D.
- Fridays - Women’s Health with Michelle Owens, M.D.