WCMU Public Television Showcases Michigan Entrepreneurs With A New Documentary
WCMU, serving Central Michigan, premiered a new documentary, ONE PERSON, ONE IDEA: The New Michigan Entrepreneur.
ONE PERSON, ONE IDEA: The New Michigan Entrepreneur explores the fundamentals of entrepreneurship in Michigan. The following entrepreneurs explain their personal triumphs and struggles in creating a business.
- Deb Fellows, Founder and Editor in Chief of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.
- Brad Morgan, CEO of Morgan Composting in Sears.
- Bob Fish, CEO and Co-Founder of Biggby Coffee in East Lansing.
- Linda Hundt, owner of Sweetie-Licious Bakery Café in Dewitt.
- K. Joel Berry, President and CTO of Global Energy Innovations in Flint.
- Cason Thorsby, Co-Founder of Dixie Dave’s Wild Game Soups in Mt. Pleasant.
- Brian Johnson, President of Serenus Johnson Portables in Bay City.
“Each entrepreneur we spoke with started with one great idea. Through their drive, determination and will to never give up, they’ve turned that one idea into a striving company centered in Michigan, " says program producer Courtney Brooks.
The documentary investigates necessary steps in creating a small business. Professional organizations dedicated to helping entrepreneurs on a daily basis give viewers an inside look at what it takes to succeed, including interviews with:
- James W. Damitio, Director of the Entrepreneurship Program at Central Michigan University.
- Tom Donaldson, Regional Director of the Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Center.
- Skip Simms, Vice President of Entrepreneurial Business Development at Ann Arbor SPARK.
“These experts share with viewers some business tips and recommendations on how to get started and make an impact in Michigan, ” Brooks says.
If you have a great idea, get ready to be educated, entertained and inspired by entrepreneurship in Michigan with CMU Public Television through ONE PERSON, ONE IDEA: The New Michigan Entrepreneur.
For more information, visit the ONE PERSON, ONE IDEA: The New Michigan Entrepreneur website here.
To watch a full video, click here:
Click here to watch the show online.