KSPS Addresses Health Issues with the Local Community
KSPS, serving Spokane and eastern Washington, addresses various health topics through a live call-in program, Health Matters, Television for Life. Veteran Spokane journalist Steve Becker hosts Health Matters, Television for Life, providing the latest advice on medical issues from the Inland Northwest’s premier physicians and health care providers.
Once a month, Health Matters, Television for Life addresses a specific illness and/or health concern. Each program features local panelists (physicians, patients, caregivers) who will share their experiences and expertise. During the broadcast, viewers are encouraged to participate by e-mail and phone to ask questions of the panel, who then answer those questions on the air.
This series focuses on various health topics of great importance to KSPS's viewers and specific populations in the local service region. Some topics include:
- Active at Any Age: How to incorporate exercise into life at any age or fitness level.
- Eating Well: How to incorporate good meals into our hectic lives.
- Depression, ‘Matters of the Mind’: Hear from local doctors about coping with depression, anxiety and even stress featuring the story of a woman who battled depression.
- Just Sleep on It: The impact of untreated sleep disorders and how it can lead to hypertension, stroke and depression.
- Feeding Kids: Share tips on grocery shopping and cooking some kid-approved menus that are healthy.
- Complementary Medicine: Experts will help guide viewers through the advantages, the possible risks and what to be aware of in order to avoid frauds.
KSPS encourages the growing movement to improve the quality of life through better medical care, health alternatives and a better-informed community of medical consumers.
For more information, visit the Health Matters, Television for Life website here.
You can watch a full episode of Health Matters, Television for Life here.
To watch more videos of Health Matters, Television for Life, visit the website here.