How to Search for Grants in the Grant Center Database
The Grant Center for Public Media’s database contains over 450 federal and foundation grant profiles.
From there, you can search by various categories:
- Federal or Foundation.
- Whether the grant is closed, open, rolling or upcoming.
- Topic area.
- Federal agency.
- State, including national.
- Or just by keyword.
You can search by as many or as few categories as you choose.
To select multiple options within each category, as in the image below, hold down the Ctrl (Command on Mac) button on your keyboard.
When you are ready to search, click Apply.
Your results will appear below. Each result consists of a link to the grant profile as well as a teaser containing basic information about the grant.
Click on the grant title to learn more about it, including:
- Fit for public media.
- Anticipated funding.
- How to Apply.
- And more!
- Use the Keyword Search feature to search for grants by name, or for other terms not specified in the Search categories (e.g. enter “Corporate” to search for corporate foundations).
- When searching for foundations, search by “Open” and “Rolling” under Status. Many foundations accept applications on a rolling basis and do not have specific deadlines.
- Search for “Open” and “Closed” when searching for federal funding opportunities. Many federal grants are recurring; searching for closed federal grants can help you plan for the next round of funding.
You can contact us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.